Monday, December 3, 2012

Nee Ho Ma?



I've been addicted to Omniglot.com's useful Cantonese phrases page lately! Even though I don't speak Cantonese yet I figured it would be helpful to know a few key things before going over to Hong Kong. I know there are a ton of pages like this on the web but I really like that if you click the words in Chinese they have an audio pronunciation of the words for you to listen to. I've been trying to practice a lot, especially with phrases like "where's the toilet?" and "excuse me." 




One of my bosses actually lived in Hong Kong and she said she definitely understands what I'm saying, which is a huge relief because I'm so afraid of butchering everything when I get over there! I'm definitely going to buy a little pocket phrase book so I'm not completely stranded but I hope by the time I return I'll have a formidable arsenal of Cantonese words in my brain! Maybe I won't even need the pocket dictionary! Who knows!?

No comments:

Post a Comment