Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Yamaguchi Prefecture: Akiyoshidai Cave


Over the long weekend, I had a neat opportunity to take a road trip to Yamaguchi Prefecture thanks to my friend, Satoru San.  We stayed with one of his friends from university (the lovely Shoko) and spent all of Sunday and Monday sightseeing. 

Going into our road trip, I didn't know much about Yamaguchi ken, but I had heard it was famous for fugu (pufferfish) and handmade pottery. What more do you need?

Our first stop was Akiyoshidai National Park, where we explored this cave and had a lovely afternoon checking out strange rock formations. My personal favorite, the "rice terrace," is pictured above. 

I'm a sucker for a fun nature adventure. Running around trying to get a good photo of all the strange naturally formed shapes was my bread and butter.









Outside the cave

No comments:

Post a Comment