Thursday, February 4, 2016

Busan's Yeongdo Lighthouse / Taejongdae Park





Looking back on my photos from South Korea, I think this Busan trip was one of my favorite adventures to date.

Spicy food was around every corner, chic cafes as far as the eye could see, and tons of art. I'm a sucker for cafes, food and art. I couldn't handle my excitement.

So when we saw the sculptures in Taejongdae Park, I was totally over the moon. Yeongdo Lighthouse in Taejongdae Park might just sound like a great place to check out the ocean view, but it was a lot more special than that for me.

The walk from the base of the park to the lighthouse was beautiful, with huge cliffs standing up out of the ocean. There were tons of huge brightly colored sculptures all around us, which were really fun to get a good look at. Walking over the red rocks with the waves spraying us felt sort of special and romantic, like The Little Mermaid (South Korean Tourist Director's Cut Edition).

I wish I could describe the feeling of being there, but I think it's just a place you have to experience. Basically, I loved it and I want to go back. Golden Week is coming up...



















1 comment:

  1. do we have to pay to enter the lighthouse or wandering around the cliff?

    ReplyDelete