Thursday, October 22, 2015

Camping Champions


It can be tough when you have a five day weekend and dreams of traveling to far off lands, but no money in your bank account. I know. I've been there dozens of times.

One of those times was in September, during the silver week holidays here in Japan. So I decided to plan a camping trip with Alex, Luke and Jo for a little bit of budget-friendly outdoorsy fun. We spent three days at the Hourigawa campground, just an hour and a half north of Kadogawa town, and enjoyed hiking, river views, s'mores, and even hot springs relaxation time. The best part (or at least, a really great part) was that staying at the campsite only cost us 500円 per night (around $4.70). 

My bank account and my inner lumberjack were equally happy.










No comments:

Post a Comment