Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Snowy Day in Fukuoka


Something I never thought winter would mean for me is snow-- Kyushu is known for warm weather and a subtropical climate. 

Think of palm trees and beaches. Now think of them covered in snow. It's weird, right?

So when I visited Alex in Fukuoka this weekend and we woke up to a snow-y White Christmas wonderland, I was shocked and delighted. I've never lived in a place where it snows regularly. In fact, I've never lived in a place where it snows at all.

We bundled up and ventured out into the cold. There was supposed to be a little antiques market happening, but with so much snow and wind everyone closed down their shops early. We ended up going out for Sri Lankan food and visiting an arcade. 

Still, it was fun to hop around with snowflakes falling. I made a snow angel, my feet went numb, and my bus back to Miyazaki was cancelled.

Perfect snow day.


 



(Photo credit goes to Alex because my phone was dead-- Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment