Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Territories, I Love You



Hello gang! How is May treating you? I've spent the last few of my free days visiting the beach, spending time with my international friends (who I probably won't be seeing for a very long time) and mentally preparing for the reverse culture shock I'm expecting to experience back in the US. Not as ambitious as I'd hoped with all my hiking and exploring, but sometimes a girl just needs a break from all the hectic responsibility.

I finished reading Madame Bovary (I honestly wasn't that impressed) and got through season 2 of Game of Thrones (now I can start catching up to everyone!). Tonight a group of my close friends and I are getting free drinks in Wan Chai, my roommate and I had a nice breakfast across the street and talked about the future, and when I was walking home I realized I'll only be going this way six more times before I'm back in California. I'm really going to miss a lot of things here, even if I'm itching a bit to get back home.

During late April, I visited the New Territories a couple of times with my friends, once on a school sponsored eco-bike trip (I've mentioned it here before, I adore bike trips) and once to visit a wetland park (which ended up being closed). I really love visiting the New Territories, just because it feels like an entirely different world than the crowded city in Hong Kong. You can see all sorts of birds and other wildlife, and it just feels like another world. If you come to visit Hong Kong, make sure you take a trip somewhere in the New Territories.
























No comments:

Post a Comment