Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Love Letter to Nara Park



Dear Nara Park,

I loved your deer. I loved feeding them sembei crackers and watching them do their little bows. I had always wanted to feed a Japanese deer, and now I can say proudly that I have.

I also loved your amazing Todai Temple, with its giant golden Buddha inside. I love a good giant golden Buddha, and I've gotta say, yours was spectacular. Possibly the biggest golden Buddha I'd ever seen.

I'm sure you've had others love you before. Heck, you've been around thousands of years. You've probably had loads of girls write you love letters!

But this, what we have, it's worth holding onto, Nara Park. I'll do long distance for you. I'll look at your photo every day, and remember your tiny deer, nibbling my fingers. It was beautiful.

Don't forget me, my love.

Lauren




Todai-ji (Todai Temple)


Daibutsu (Big Buddha)
The seduction in his eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment