Friday, February 5, 2016

Busan's Jagalchi Fish Market



Oh, Jagalchi Market. I feel like I've had the pleasure of visiting several fish markets since I studied abroad in Hong Kong in 2013. But the Jagalchi Fish Market was something else.

Fish on ice in outdoor stalls, octopus in tanks in the giant multi-floor fish market complex, tables set out for dining on the freshest abalone you could possibly buy. It's a cornucopia of fish deliciousness.

Inspired by this scene from Oldboy, Alex and I decided to go for a special dish. Raw, wriggling, (basically still alive) octopus sashimi. It felt weird, sort of like it wanted to climb back up after we chewed it. One tentacle squeezed my tongue really hard.

I recorded our first bites in the video below.


All in all, an exciting experience. 6/10, but would eat again.















No comments:

Post a Comment