Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Busan's Culture Village Gamcheon



In the spirit of Valentine's Day coming up, I thought I'd dig up some long overdue photos from South Korea, the most romantic place on Earth.

Back in August, Alex and I took a ferry over to Busan in South Korea. I had been looking forward to visiting Korea for ages, yet nothing could have prepared me for how special Busan actually was. The food was amazing, the people were so kind (and fashionable to boot), and there was tons to see and do!

I think one of my favorite sites we made our way to was the Gamcheon Culture Village. Alex had described it as a "lego town," colorful and mismatched, like patchwork. To me, it felt like a giant artist's playground, with a mural on every wall and kooky sculptures behind every corner.

















The Petit Prince and his little fox friend looking out over the village are a famous photo stop.
Amazing, isn't it? Now, if you're hungry after all that art, here's a tasty morsel you can buy from street vendors standing around.



This is a Korean stuffed pancake, written in roman letters as hotteok. It was possibly one of the most delicious things I had ever eaten, stuffed with seeds and honey and brown sugar. We liked it so much that when we returned to Japan, we found a shop that sells hotteok there and had one for a breakfast treat one day. おいしい!

No comments:

Post a Comment